Thursday, November 11, 2004

Man On Fire

Two Stars
Denzel Washington

Denzel makes watching this mediocre film worthwhile as he has this effect on so many movies. This was really supposed to be two films I figure, and either one could have been played out better on it's own. The plot feels un resolved even after the conclusion. It was a lot of fun to watch Denzel go on his rampage of revenge, even as grisly as it was. It's brought to a screeching halt when the theme from the first half of the movie is resurected at the last minute.

Oh and one last thing, I would like to share a note with all the fancy dancy hollywood directors that might read this review: LEAVE YOUR FLASH CUTTING, QUICK ZOOMING, OUT OF FOCUS HANDI WORK IN FILM SCHOOL! This movie might have gone over better with me if I hadn't gotten a headache trying to watch that busy screen crap. I felt like I was trying to extrapelate essential plot lines thorgh a rain drenched windshield, all the while screaming inside my mind for the windshield washer button.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home