Thursday, November 11, 2004

Big Fish

Two Stars
Ewan McGregor

I could not for the life of me figure out why I watched this movie. Nor could I find anything that I had gained for seeing it. It's intriguing, and quite bright and sunny for a Tim Burton movie. But in the end left me feeling like I had been run in ciricles by the reeling sting of "big fish tales" that make up the heart of the film. Some of these stories were quaint, some cute, some funny, some moving and some bizzare. In the, end I felt like I had been pulled in as many directions without an anchor to hold it all in one place.

Danny DeVito plays a roll that I loved watching in this movie. It's not a large roll, but it's a piece of eye candy and let's DeVito spread his wings and streatch his talent. If you can make more sense of this film than me, you'll probably find it heartwarming and sentimental. If you do, then you can take my mild recomendation all the way to the bank.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home