Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Finding Nemo

Three and one half stars

While 'Nemo' is not my favorite Pixar movie to hit the silver screen, it has so much merit on so many levels that it's hard to not give it an almost perfect review. It simply did not strike me as being as "fun" or "easy" to watch as some previous Pixar films.

It is certainly the most heartfelt and heartwrenching movie Pixar has created. It is so easy to feel the inner turmoil of each and every one of the characters in this film, even down to Gill and the other fish in the tank. This however is what I think is the movie's one downfall. All the time invested in feeling this determination and turmoil can make 'Nemo' seem slow and even a little dark, including the more jovial scenes. The light hearted places are shadowed by the overall depressing situation each character is in.

'Finding Nemo' made me cry in a few places, but I about lost it watching the scenes just previous to seeing "The End" roll across the screen. I doubt any well adjusted father can internalize this movie without having such an experience.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home