Friday, August 20, 2004

Garfield

One Star
Bill Murray, Jennifer Love Hewitt

As I pen this review I begin by asking myself how I gave this film even one star. It must have been becasue I watched it on an incredibly boaring flight and it seemed like a savior at the time. My neighbor on the flight, a nine year old flying alone, would be appaled by my megerly star. He was so excited to see it again, as it was "a really good show".

Simply "Garfield" fell short of that lofty review for me in that the purpose for making the movie was never known. In print, the numerous alarm clock smashings are amusing, on celluloid, they are baffling. The writers don't give us any more to work with until the movie plot begins - HALFWAY THRoUGH THE MOVIE - and Odie is abductied by an odious (tee hee) televison show host looking for his ticket to fame and fortune. In fact, the only redeeming quality in the film is that Odie is an incredibly cute and talented dog, absolutely endering to watch. However that will come back to bite you when Odie is subjected to cruel treatment and heartless punishment from Garfield and the TV host.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home