Friday, August 20, 2004

Shrek 2

Two Stars
Mike Myers, Eddie Murphy

Wow, SHREK 2 really is as bad as I'd feared. I can not fathom how so many critics claim it's better than the first.

I did not rate the frist Shrek that highly but I also didn't dislike it as much as the sequal. It seemed to me that, as sequals do, the producers capitalize on the unique feel of the first film. This was the films undoing for me as all the parts I dislked about the first movie were expanded exponeitally in the second. The pop culture references in the first movie which drove me crazy were the foundation of the second movie. When the foundation starts uneven, the comprimises made in the film construction does not satiate the need to fix the foundation.

Furthermore, I continue to be dismayed by dreamworks perpetual practice of marketing these PG and PG-13 animated films to children. From "Road To Elderado" to "Shrek 2", these films are really not for children.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home