Monday, August 30, 2004

Master and Commander
The Far Side Of The World

Three Stars
Russell Crowe

I waited almost a year to see this movie so I could experience it on "The Big Screen". It was worth the wait. This movie had the ability to transport me to a different time and place almost magiacally. The action of grapling with the enemy was matched by the intorspective look into the mind of a great military leader.

The scope of the film was astouding. The sweeping views of an immense ocean and the mighty "Supirse" faring forth across it's surface is inspiring. The tale of a crew overcoming the odds was compelling. Watching Russle Crowe play the role of the battle savy, tough commander with a compasionate core was fascinating.

I loved that this movie was not in hurry, it didn't need to cram everything in. I was never bored however as the film is interlaced with fascinating looks into the everyday life of one crew in His Majesty's Service.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home