Sunday, April 24, 2005

Collateral

Four Stars
Tom Cruise, Jamie Foxx

Wow! This movie was more than I expected. It drew me in and wouldn't let go. The resolution was fascinating the execution was smooth and flawless and I loved the charecters at the heart of this movie. I loved that we focus in on Foxx and Cruise and let the chemistry the create move the show along. Both give outstanding performances and I think Foxx deserved to win an Oscar for his rendering of that charater.

The music was haunting, the story was eye opening and the mind bending morality debate was truly inspiring. There were a couple times the cop's side of this movie threatened to runaway but the writers and producers remain true to the heat of the story. Crusie seems to be selecting scripts in a certain vein lately and appreciate his tastes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home